Unfortunately, when some users attempt to update Arnold to the new version they get the following error:
This is a permissions issue that occurs for some users and there is an easy work-around.
All you have to remember, is that the Arnold Update simply deletes the existing files, and then copies the new files in their place.
So to resolve, simply do the following steps:
- Open a explorer and navigate to the file path in the error. In the example above it would be:
- C:\Users\Public\Documents\Stingrae Database Services\Arnold Gym Management\
- Select All the files in there and Delete them!
- Restart Arnold from your desktop icon and restart the upgrade. Because the files have been deleted then this annoying permissions issue will be gone!
We’re hoping to have a new solution to this issue in a coming release. Until then, please accept our apologies and perform this work-around.
A few little Easter eggs contained in this new release of Arnold:
- You can now define multiple locations for your business! So if you have more than one location you can:
- Keep the same members across two or more locations and have them located once in your system
- Enrol them in classes at either school
- Keep the timetables specific to each location
- Note 1 – This a very new feature and will be more developed in coming additions
- Note 2 – Addition subscription fees apply, and this be reflected on the website soon.
- Ever wondered what each class actually earns? Now there is a $ sign on the Class Registration form .. Click that button to get a screen which breaks it down for you. Obvisously with annual and monthly memberships, it is impossible to get a figure which is 100% accurate, but it does give you a great overview!
- In a future release we’ll add to this so you can see how the class earnings change over time!
- The New Class Screen always looked horrible … we’ve finally got around to tweaking it!
- Are you registered for GST? Or Not? And apologies to our NZ subscribers who had to put up with it always defaulting to 10%. Now businesses can set their own tax rate! Go to the System Preferences screen and you’ll see the default rate box down the bottom!
Thanks for your support … in other news, we’ve FINALLY started work on our web-version too … Stay tuned for new on this!