As per our previous post, we’ve found a solution to our Reporting Services.
With the long weekend (in most places in Australia) we’re using it to roll-out our version.
If you’re a heavy user of our reports, we advise not doing an upgrade until after we announce here that it works on all our test systems, and clients who have upgraded (simply press cancel once the new version downloads).
Have a great weekend!
We have great news ….!
One of our biggest headaches at Stingrae was our reporting engine. Up until the current release, we relied on the widely used Crystal Reports to develop and distribute our reports.
Now Crystal Reports are great in a controlled, corporate environment … BUT … they are a nightmare when it comes to distributing in small applications such as Arnold, on various operating systems from Windows XP through to 10.
But after a lot of R&D, we’re happy to announce that we’ve found a new solution to develop our reports. This new engine is a lot cleaner, and easier to run which will mean that those who currently run Arnold, but are not able to access the reports will soon be able to do so.
But there is a catch … we have to re-write all the current reports!
Therefore, we’re not planning to do any minor releases of Arnold until after this is complete.Our target date for this, is the 1st of July and we’re extremely confident of meeting this date, or delivering it earlier.
As always, we thank you for your support with Arnold, and especially want to thank those clients who have used the system without being able to print the reports.
With the 1st of April, apart from being a good day to make fools of your friends, now is a good time to create a new Accounting Batch.
This means, that for your BAS Quarter (For Aus subscribers), you can see all the payments for the quarter and print it out for your accountant.
Here is how you set it (From System Preferences Menu):
And when you enter in a payment, these values appear in the drop-down.
Of course, you don’t have to user quarterly payment batches, but we do and find it’s invaluable!
Have a happy Q2 of 2016!
We always love getting request from our members.
Last month we received a request from a gym in Auckland, New Zealand for a simple way to just look at enrollments for one day. Nice and easy, just to give a quick snapshot.
Well … it’s done. And we thought we’d throw in a 7 day trailling average too!
Here is how you can use the new report:
And here is the output:
(To copy the data, simply select all the rows in the grid on the left, and then press Ctrl-C).
A couple of very important bugs have been fixed with this release.
- Sometimes, when selecting a class from the registration screen, the use was alerted with a constant error message. This has now been fixed.
- Businesses registered as NZ based will now have their Tax rate calculated at 15%, not the 10% as is currently the rate in Australia.
- On the Member Search screen, the bug where you’re unable to select just a couple of members to email has now been fixed.
- And finally … on the Sales & Payments Report, you can now email these people and/or print off the list!
We hope these improvements help you in your business.
And we have some more changes already in the pipeline!
We want to welcome our new subscriber from New Zealand, who straight away found an but with printing invoices…! Hopefully this has now been resolved in this release.
Well you can now add a history record for an external email or phone call in the Correspondence Tab. Great for recording any “hey, why aren’t you at training?” emails!
And how about this … You can now set a flag to tell you when one of your students has reached X number of classes, and is due for a grading! It’s a little tricky to setup, so we might make a video for you.
We also just did some tuning, and also made some of the pop-up messages appear a bit clearer!
As you can tell, we’re back into the swing of things now, giving regular releases, each one with new features.
And this is something we’re aiming to work towards in 2016 – far more regular updates!
So, if you have something you want developed into Arnold, please don’t be shy … Just Ask!
- When loading the Members Details Screen, previously entered occupations will now appear. This means you can select an existing one and make future searching by profession easier.
- Pop-up reminders – the dialogue box will appear only once, not for each Account with a pop-up
- In the Class Maintenance Screen, you now have to double click to change the Name, not single (which was causing the pop-up to constantly happen).
- Bug fixed whereby you can now enter a note into a new Account (previously you had to close, and then re-open the account).
- Here’s a big one … in the Member Search you can now filter (and thereby target) your members by Sex and Age!
I finally got around to putting up a quick video introducing the software. I’d really appreciate it if you could share it with the martial arts and fitness communities.
Remember, that the more people we have using the product, then the more I can focus on it and the better it will get.
Thanks for your support!
ps. I am aiming to do one video a week explaining a new feature, or a request. Please keep an eye on the YouTube channel!
Here’s the video:
As per our Welcome post, apologies for the delay in this update.
We’re now at version .53, and a lot has happened since we last published release notes. Here are our latest changes to Arnold!
- Online Form – You can now save the time you would normally spend manually entering names into the system. We can now setup for you a FREE online form on our SSL site that you can customise and use as a landing page where prospective members can now enter in their own data, and it goes straight into Arnold for you!
(Not available on our Lite Plan)
- Self Check-In Screen – This screen now changes with the date. Also, it now automatically sets the default class to be the next class.
- New Report! You can now print the Classes by Member report. This is a great thing to do monthly to print out and stick on the change-room wall to encourage people to train more and create competition.
- Bug fix in Renaming Classes
- Record ID Type & Number – ever had an issue with a Direct Debit who has skipped their payments? You can now record the ID Type (think passport, drivers licence etc) and the associated number against a contact.
- Bug fix in Cancelling Classes (can now be done two ways).
- Members can no longer enroll in a class which is cancelled
- We also made numerous performance enhancements to several screens to improve usability
- New FREE Version for smaller gyms with less than 50 members … please spread the word!